5.21.2014

Ipsy Review!!




So this months Ipsy theme was "Fresh Picks."  I would show the bag, but I've actually already given it away. It's really cute but it really reminded me of my sister-in-law, so I gave it to her and she loved it. Overall, I'm fairly happy with my glam bag this month, it's not my favourite month but I still got some great products and really, you can't complain when you're only spending 15 bucks.






Balanced Guru - No Frizz Organic Sesame & Lemongrass Balancing Oil - .5 oz. $13 - Full Size -$25


This Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil is silicone-free and has essential oils like Sesame, Grapeseed, Jojoba, and Argan and certified organic ingredients. And most important, its cruelty free!! I'm always up for trying out new hair products, so I'm kind of excited for this. I think this will work great for the summer since where is live tends to have lots of hot and humid days and my hair tend to get frizzy. The biggest downside to this product is definitely the smell, I am not at all a fan of it at all, thankfully the smell isn't too strong.
 




Hang Ten - Classic Sport SPF50 -1 oz. $3 - Full Size - $13


I have naturally tanned skin and I don't burn at all in the sun so I'm not really an avid sunscreen user but I've realized that even if I don't get sunburns, It's never a bad idea to put some sunscreen on and protect my skin from harmful UV rays!! Plus this product has a lot of great organic ingredients, it's free of Parabens, and has a nice non-synthetic scent, I'm all for that!!
























Boo Boo Cover Up - Concealer - .34 oz. - $19.99

So, I love this stuff, it works so amazingly well and the colour is spot on. The neat thing about this, is that it's packed with powerful healing ingredients, such as vitamin E, green tea, chamomile, tea tree oil, and aloe vera. You can use this to conceal bug bites, scars, acne, extreme dark circles, dry skin, scratches, and pretty much any unsightly blemish on your skin!!
 

So, I've never really used any product like this, bu apparently this helps to "soothe inflammation, itching, redness, general sensitivity, and post-medical and aesthetic procedure irritation, as it softens, protects and purifies the skin." I guess you can also use this as a toner and a setting spray and to help refresh your face and body during the hot summer months. I did try this in lieu of my Mac Fix + to see if it would work to make eye-shadows more vibrant and pigmented and I have to say it worked pretty well.







Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo #2 in Moonbeam & Unicorn - .07 oz.


So I actually like Pacifica, they are 100% cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, and don't contain any FD&C colour, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, benzene, peanut oil, and other not so great ingredients. They're also really environmentally friendly. I'm just not a huge fan of this duo, the colours are gorgeous but they aren't very pigmented, I definitely have to use my Mac Fix + to get a good colour payoff with these shades.





















 
Not subscribed to Ipsy yet?  Ipsy is a subscription service that customizes beauty picks for you and sends 4-5 deluxe samples and full sized products in a cute makeup bag every month. Shipping is free in the US and $4.95 to Canada. Sign up here (referral link) 




No comments:

Post a Comment