6.06.2014

May Favourites!!

Hello, It's monthly favourites time again, I cannot believe May is already over, it feels like its just begun. It was really hard to not go overboard this month as I had A LOT of favourites, I had to really dwindle it down to an acceptable amount. There are quite a few different favourite this month, from beauty and hair to music and TV shows. Hope you enjoy xx
So let's start with beauty products, I was definitely reaching for these products the most this month and I love them all equally, without further ado, here are my favourite beauty and non-beauty bits and bobs :)

BEAUTY
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - $64 
I've had this since it came out but I've only just started using during May and I have to say it's totally worth all the hype. It comes in a beauty rose gold case with 12 brand new gorgeous rose-hued shades.

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Medium- $12
I decided to buy this after getting a couple recommendation for the foundation. I figured the BB cream would be just as good but with a lighter coverage and feel. This stuff is so good, it has great lighter coverage, it's easy to blend, and it works amazingly for the hotter days since it's doesn't have a heavy foundation feel.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini Tini - $24
I've been loving using this as an alternative to using a regular primer. It's smudge proof and crease resistant and lasts all day.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - $10
I literally always have chapped lips,  it's really annoying but this has been a godsend, I use it regularly and then immediately put Vaseline on my lips and they've been so moisturized and smooth.

Nyx Powder Blush in Desert Rose - $5
I got this in a set of 3 from Hautelook a couple years ago but never really tried any of the blushes since they were a lot darker than I liked, so they were all thrown in the back of my makeup storage and forgotten about until a couple weeks ago. Now I'm all about blush, it's my favourite type of makeup and I love experimenting with all different colours and this has been my favourite since I found it again.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - $9
Stippling brushes are my favourite since they are so versatile, you can use them for pretty much everything. I usually use mine for blush, especially with more pigmented blushes as you can really control how much colour you want to show.

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara - $24
I absolutely love this mascara, I got it in a Tarte set from Sephora (haul post here) and I knew it would be one of my favourite from the first time. 

Revlon Colour Burst Balm Stain in Sweetheart - $9
I always prefer using stains and balms over lipstick and this is no exception.  It's very long lasting and pigmented, It goes on feeling like a balm, looking like a lipstick, and with the lasting power of a stain, literally what else could you need?

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger - $32
This was the first non blush Nars product I bought, and it's hands down, the best concealer I've ever used. It always covers my purple-y dark circles and any imperfections, it isn't too thick or heavy, it stays put, highlights and doesn't crease of settle into any fine line.



HAIR & BODY
Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Colour Cream in Vampire Red - $15
I haven't been in the mood to fully dye my hair lately, I'm trying to keep it as healthy as possible, so instead I've been using Manic Panic, which is vegan and free of harsh chemicals. I find the colour payoff to be way more vivid and bright than most regular hair dyes!!

Pureology Reviving Red System - Shamp'oil & Reflective Conditioner - $30
Along with the aforementioned Manic Panic, these hair products keep my hair insanely red. I always have people asking me how I keep my hair so red without constantly dying it and I tell them about this line. I definitely want to try the other products as well, though they are on the more expensive spectrum, they both run for roughly $30.

L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave In Creme
I use this after every shower on damp hair and I've noticed it extremely decreases the frizz in my hair, and it also flattens my curls a bit which makes my hair easier to straighten. 

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream - $20
I cannot and will not get over the AMAZING smell of this product, it's my holy grail body butter. It's very sweet scented, like key lime pie.  If you've never smelled this product you need to guy check it out!!

MISC
Our Own Candle Company - Pina Colada
Favourite Show - The Mentalist
Favourite Songs of May
Floral Cut-Out iPhone Case

Kate Spade Crossbody Bag




1 comment: