8.10.2014

July Favs



Is it just me or did summer go by really fast? I can't believe were a week into August already :( But I do have to say July was a good month for makeup, there were so many products that I absolutely loved!!

Beauty

My most favourite beauty product was definitely the IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation & Brush Duo, but specifically the brush, it is amaaaazing!! I really liked the powder as well. Usually, Powder dries my skin out but not this one, and the coverage is definitely full and flawless!

While were talking about foundation, another I've been alternating with this past month was the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation. When I first got this foundation I wasn't too thrilled with it, it felt too heavy but after playing around with a couple different brushes I found it works best with a flat top kabuki, like the IT cosmetics brush. It definitely feels nicer now that I'm using the right brush with it!! It is a full coverage foundation and a really good one at that, it covers any blemishes and even the redness I get in my cheeks that is so hard to fully cover.

Continuing with face products, I got a Purlisse Pur-Moist Moisturizer in a Topbox back in April and I've loved it ever since. I refuse to pay over $50 for the full size so I've been swapping for it and I've accumulated about 6 or 7 of the samples which are a fairly decent size at 15ml and they last so long. I don't know what it is about it but unlike every other moisturizer I've used, this one actually made a difference in my skin and cleared up all my blemishes and even reduced the amount of acne I would get weekly.  

  I just recently picked up the Essence Beach Cruiser Blush is 01 -  I   Summer Break from Shoppers and lemme tell you, it is absolutely stunning. I've been dying over the Mac Blush Ombre in Ripe Peach, which unfortunately discontinued, so when I saw this I had a major freakout and had to have it, it is just soooooo perfect and it doesn't hurt that it's $4!!! 

Can we just take a minute to bask in the glory that is this blush, ahhhhhh.
 
 I've had a couple of lip products I've been loving this month, The Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub, which I just realized was in my May Favourite (goes to show you how much I love it) and the Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm in Sweet Coconut. As I've said before, my lips are constantly chapped so I need lip scrubs in my life, I really want to try the popcorn one from Lush too, their scrubs are just so good!! The Lip Balm from Soap & Glory, which is one of my favourite beauty brands out there, is so moisturizing, it's clear but it has a little sparkle to it. Best part is I got it on sale for $5 at Shoppers!!

Now, onto fragrances, I've mostly been using my gorgeous metallic pink Travalo filled with See By Chloe, which is a perfume I have yet to own (soon, very soon.) I can't get enough of it, it smells like heaven, and the Travalo is just so convenient, I always keep it in my bag so I don't have to carry around a full perfume bottle!! I got the Something About Sofia by Benefit quite awhile ago and forgot about it since I used to leave it in its adorable packaging, but I rediscovered it earlier in July and I've been using it ever since, it smells so so pretty, I believe it has notes of mangoes, peonies, lilies, vanilla, and caramel!! It's now discontinued but Benefit has a lot of really nice fragrances for sale on their website right now!!
 

Accessories
There have been three accessories I've been loving in July!! My black round glasses from Forever 21, they are just so fun and I pretty sure they were only like $2!! 

I've also been loving my new Cara necklace from Chapters, It is honestly the prettiest necklace I own. I'm very cheap when it comes to jewellery since I don't wear it enough to justify spending loads of money on necklaces or bracelets so when I saw this in Chapters a few months ago, I fell in love with it but I did not fall in love with the price! Thankfully, I was perusing their clearance section online and I found it for only $10 and had to buy immediately since there were only a couple left!!

Lastly, I'm obsessed with the makeup pouch that my Ipsy products came in this month, it is a bright neon pink faux leather material. I didn't want to use it for makeup though since I don't want any spillage to ruin it so I use it as a  makeshift wallet for when I don't want to carry my full wallet and only need a couple cards and cash. It's also perfect passport size!!


MISC

Random stuff I've been loving this month ; Oreo Iced Caps from Timmies, True Detective(tv), Dr. Dre's Chronic Album, The Fosters(tv), my Ipad, & Ikea trips.


SO, that's it for my July favs, what were your favourite things in July? 







2 comments:

  1. I can't remember July! Lol. May I talk about my favorite products for August? Definitely the Valentia Even Glow Serum (the review for it is on my blog, if you're curious) and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Blushing Mauve." Been wearing it daily!
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beauty, I follow you
    This is my blog http://thatsmehanelore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete